Keeping track of your wine glass or coffee cup is a challenge when the book club conversation starts. I crafted these simple but adorable book club wine charms in less than hour. They can be used meeting after meeting and create a fun conversation piece.
- Jewelry wire
- Assorted beads
- Oval jump ring
- Silver charm with open insert (I found these at Hobby Lobby)
- Magnetic closure jewelry finding
- Jewelry pliers and wire cutter
- Photo copies of book covers (suggested books with lovely covers: Life of Pi, Still Alice, Night Circus, Alice I Have Been, Room, Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, Hunger Games, The Corner of Bitter and Sweet, The Fault in Our Stars, A Grown Up Kind of Pretty, and Water for Elephants)
- I chose a selection of popular book club covers and printed them to fit inside the open charm. I cut them out in ovals and pushed them gently into the open charm. I added a silver jump ring to the top of the charm so it could be threaded onto the wine charm ring.
- Cut sections of jewelry wire to 3”. Add one magnetic closure to one end and string various color-coded beads onto the wire, leaving enough room to add the second magnetic closure while twisting the end shut.
- Center the charm on completed wine charm ring and reclose the silver jump ring.
- Click open the magnetic closure to add wine charm to your wine glass or coffee cup.
Display on a jewelry tree for guests to choose their book wine charm on arrival. These can even be given as gifts to your favorite author or book lover.